The Sports and Physical Education(PE) Association (SPE) is the lead trade association for companies engaged in the supply and installation of sports hall, games, fitness and gymnasium equipment.
The association’s aims are:
- To represent the sector to Government and other related organisations
- To be represented on relevant British and European Standards Committees
- To raise standards of equipment available in the UK
- To operate a Code of Practice to maintain standards
- To co-operate with Governing Bodies to promote safety
- To be represented on the issue of physical education in schools
- To share advice on manufacturers’ liabilities, consumer protection, European Law etc.